What is SHRM Certification?
SHRM certification is a career-long commitment that shows your peers, your employees and your organization that you have mastered the principles of human resources and that you are dedicated to staying current in your profession.
To become certified, you must meet strict professional experience and educational requirements before taking the exam. To remain certified, you must stay current in the HR profession and recertify every three years. You display your certification by putting the credentials after your name.
Earning SHRM Certification Sets You Apart
- makes your resume stand out from other job applicants - One out of two recruiters prefer those with SHRM certification.
- earns recognition from your organization - Business leaders find SHRM certified professionals to be more self-motivated.
- connects you to an elite network of motivated SHRM professionals around the globe.
How Certification Differs from a Certificate Program
Compared with certificate programs, certification has three main advantages:
- requires specific experience and education
- requires recertification, which makes sure that you stay current in the HR profession through continuing education
- allows you to put the letters after your name
In other words, certification typically consists of the three "E"s: education, experience and examination.